Difference between AA and AAA

• 11 replies

Difference between AA and AAA
« on: July 26, 2011, 10:36:01 AM »
What are some of the differences between AA and AAA in the 10-12 range?  I am assuming pitching is the biggest but anything else that stands out?
Thanks

Re: Difference between AA and AAA
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 12:54:50 PM »
A good AA team with good pitching can beat lower level AAA team a lot of the time. AA team will rarely beat a good AAA team. So if your wanting to win a lot of trophies and have good pitching stay AA. But If you can compete at a AAA level, I would do that so you can help develop players to be ready for High School baseball. So to answer your question I think that the most single biggest difference between AA and AAA is pitching. But there are a lot of other factors to figure into it.

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 03:39:47 PM »
I wouldn't say any one area but instead would go with depth.  That being that most AAA teams have a roster full of players that have a full compliment of "AAA skills", while most AA teams at that age have only 4-5 such players.  That is why when they play each other, at some point in the game this lack of depth does the AA team in.  My experience has been when you look at the batting line-up for a AA teams, the first 4-5 kids will hit AAA pitching well, but then the rest are over matched.  You can't be a successful AAA team if you only have 1/2 AAA players.

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 09:12:39 AM »
It what I have seen, the biggest difference between AA and AAA is consistency.   There are excellent players in both groups, but the AAA level seem to be more consistent in all aspects of the game, fielding, throwing, baserunning etc.  That, and the AAA players seem to be better overall athletes but there is a "but" to that as well.  Our team is a AA team last year and while we do have athletes on the team, it is not a full as a average AAA team.
Yea, I'm a geek
GPSWizard xBox360
MW2 MW3 BO

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 11:00:16 AM »
I agree with a previous post.  I have seen many top of the order AA players that are every bit as good as top of the order AAA players.  the difference is usually the less skilled players on the team.  The 12th best player on the AAA team would be the 5th or 6th best on the AA team.  It is hard as an AA team when the bottom 5-6 kids are almost surely outs.  As a player, it can be fun playing on a great AAA team, but if all the kids are on your skill level you can expect some bench time.

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 12:50:26 PM »
I suppose another difference between the different classes would be time put in.  Again, these are just from personal observations, but previously on a A level team practice started around late February with 2-3 a week until the season started, then maybe once.
AA, practice starting in the winter with indoor work, and practices during the season.
AAA, practices starting again in the winter, more individual lessons, multiple practices a week.
Someone I work with that I asked says that higher level kids are much more serious and into baseball more than lower level.  I would not agree with this, at least at this age.  I would hope at least that any 10-11-12 year old kid that is playing baseball is doing it because they like to play and, typically at this age if given a chance to go to baseball practice or Worlds of Fun, I would bet the majority would pick the rides over a practice, regardless of A or Major level.  Then again, AAA/Major parents can certainly be in the rank of little Johnny is going to the major more often than A/AA level but they are there too.
Yea, I'm a geek
GPSWizard xBox360
MW2 MW3 BO

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 08:54:05 AM »
Pitching is the differnce between all levels of play. If you have 2-3 good pitchers who could dominate in AA, 3-4 good pitchers you could compete in AAA and perform at a high level. If you have 5-6 good pitchers, you should play major. Good pitchers meaning kids who throw strikes, command 2-4 pitches and have above average velocity. The top-tier Major teams have 7-9 "good" pitchers.

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 02:05:34 AM »
You know, I assume pitching to be the biggest too. Moreover, follow this <a href="http://skywritingservice.com/blog/30-skills-to-be-more-successful">link</a> to find out more!

Offline Gunnersbaseball

• Where hard work meet perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 10:16:22 AM »
I love discussions like this, its great for determining the right spot for young players.  Some kids mature faster than others as well! I have never found a AA team that truly impressed me.  We ask our players to improve and become better. We push our kids and want everyone at practice for work. Make sure your Coach is pushing himself the same way! I have to become better everyday or my players will not become better. AA Coaching is laid back, If your son is the best player on your team it is time to move on. Find a team AA or AAA that will push your child.

Offline admin

• View Profile
    • KC Fire Baseball
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 09:45:25 AM »
updated

Offline admin

• View Profile
    • KC Fire Baseball
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 09:49:34 AM »
updated

Offline smashers

• Mo Kan Baseball
    • View Profile
    • Blue Springs Smashers
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2018, 07:15:34 PM »
I think the biggest difference I have notice would be the outfield is different on aa compared to aaa that the "normal" baseball plays are made at aaa level and not always the case at aa level. Also the batting line up on aaa have " good " at bats 1-10 and again not always the case with aa. Pitching is always going to be better the higher levels you go as mention on all post.

Hope that helps.

Coach Dan.