10U AA - New team forming near Liberty

• 0 replies

Offline KC_AssaultCoach

• Mo Kan Baseball
    • View Profile
10U AA - New team forming near Liberty
« on: December 19, 2017, 04:02:03 PM »
I am looking to put a new 10U AA baseball team together that will practice near Liberty.  I have been an assistant coach for the last 3 years on competitive tournament teams but I'm looking to take on the challenge of being a head coach.  This past year, I focused on teaching the pitching mechanics and had some good success.  I worked with a physical therapist learning the proper mechanics to decrease the risk of arm injuries and I want to pass that knowledge to all the kids I work with.  I am also looking to teach the fundamentals of the game on both the defensive and offensive side.  I believe in positive reinforcement and making the game fun.  I want to win as bad as anybody but I wont risk injury just to get a win. 

I am open to either playing league with a handful of tournaments or strictly playing tournaments (8-10) but I plan on talking to the parents once the roster is complete to make that decision.  One thing I am going to work very hard to do as a head coach is to keep all the parents involved with how the team is run.  My goal is for the kids to focus on baseball but not have baseball be the only thing they have time for. 

I know that this time of year is going to be hard to build an entire roster but I want to start getting some interest before the spring.  I am planning on holding tryouts as soon as the weather allows but I would love to start looking at kids that might be interested.  I can work with you to hold private tryouts but it will all depend on availability of facilities.  If you are interested and would like to talk to me, you can email me at leehowdeshell82@gmail.com.