The Little Slick Fall Charity Wood Bat Tournament

• 1 replies

The Little Slick Fall Charity Wood Bat Tournament
« on: July 28, 2016, 02:52:23 PM »
In August of 2015, my son was diagnosed with a life-threatening disease called Adrenal Insufficiency. For several months after he was diagnosed I struggled with why my son got this disease.  I have moved to what can I do to help him and others like him. 

I have decided to hold a wood bat baseball tournament at the Legacy Baseball Park Complex in Lees Summit, MO with the help of the Lees Summit Baseball Association and Triple Crown Sports in KC.  The name of this tournament is called The Little Slick.  The Little Slick is a wood bat baseball tournament for A/AA teams ages 7 to 14 (7u and 8u machine pitch).  The tournament will be held from September 16th through the 18th - 3 game single elimination.  Why a wood bat tournament?  Wood is the great equalizer.  We feel that since this is a tournament for fun and help raise money for a great cause then the wood bat helps keep the teams a little more equal allowing all teams to have fun playing.   This will be a fall ball tournament this means you play up to the age your team will be in the spring of 2017.  If your team was an 8 year old rec team this year you will play in the 9U - D3 bracket in the fall.  The D2 Division is meant for current AA competitive teams.  The D3 Division is meant for current recreational teams looking to go competitive next spring or just want to have fun this fall with their current rec team. 

All of the proceeds of this tournament will go to Adrenal Insufficiency United (AIUnited.org).  Adrenal Insufficiency is a rare disease that occurs in all age groups and affects both sexes and is life-threatening. Adrenal Insufficiency is a disorder that occurs when your body produces insufficient amounts of certain hormones produced by your adrenal glands. With Adrenal Insufficiency, your adrenal glands produce too little cortisol and often insufficient levels of aldosterone as well.  In times of stress due to illness, intense physical activity, or injury, an emergency injection of medication is needed to prevent a deadly adrenal crisis.  Protocols which will allow administration of the emergency injection are needed because they currently dont exist in the KC area.  Through patience, creativity and a whole lot of fun, The Little Slick, is hoping to make an impact on the lives of children. adults, and their families with education and awareness of Adrenal Insufficiency.  We are hoping this tournament will help us raise money for this cause.

Here is a link to the tournament home page.  https://www.triplecrownsports.com/Sports/Baseball/Todd-Clausen.aspx

We will have a silent auction and raffle of many items.  Shirts to purchase with all the names of the teams attending on the back.

If you are considering playing Fall Ball this year, Id love it if youd consider playing in our fun wood bat tournament.  If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks
Rick

Re: The Little Slick Fall Charity Wood Bat Tournament
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 06:21:47 PM »
This tournament is a about 10 days from now and we need a couple more teams in the 7u (machine pitch) and and 10U age groups.  We of course will take more teams at all age groups.  This is going to be a great tournament please consider playing in it.

We have several updates if you check out http://www.facebook.com/littleslicktournament you can see all the great things we have lined up.

Here is a link to the tournament home page.  https://www.triplecrownsports.com/Sports/Baseball/Todd-Clausen.aspx

DICK'S Sporting goods is going to hand out prizes to all our 8 age group winners. The Championship team at each age group is going to receive a batting net valued at $150 and each player on those championship teams (up to 11 kids per team) will receive a $20 gift card to spend at DICK'S Sporting Goods. Thank you DICK'S Sporting Goods for your wonderful support.

We have 4 tickets to a game next year for the Royals and bundled with that silent auction will be a Salvy Splash bobble head!

This is just a couple of the many things we will have for auction at the tournament.

If you are looking for a fun tournament and want to help a great cause come play at our tournament.

If you have any questions please feel free to email me.   rmurrow@lsbaseball.com