player on two rosters

• 9 replies

player on two rosters
« on: September 17, 2015, 12:40:34 PM »
how does that work?

last season about 2 weeks before our first tournament I learned one of our good pitchers was leaving the team for an older team to play with his brother. I never released him off my roster so curious what the rules are on that?

also can anyone verify guest player rules (or do's and don'ts) also curious

usssa teams

Re: player on two rosters
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 08:15:53 PM »
First Mr. Mangold why would you leave him on your roster when he left your team? Kind of a retaliating thing to do.

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 09:20:42 PM »
A player can be on as many rosters as they want to until the rosters are frozen. Once the rosters are frozen, the player is locked into the most recent roster they were added to. From there, they would need a release from the frozen roster to move to a different team. USSSA can always step in if a coach is unwilling to release a player for any reason.

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 10:26:56 PM »
A player can be on a roster of a different age group team, without a release, even if the roster he is coming from is frozen. It is common to see good players play up a year to get extra tournaments in. Once the roster the player is on is frozen, he would need a release to play in the same age group with a different team.

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 08:34:15 AM »
So if a kid was playing up on his regular team, but young enough to play down and was on both rosters, once they were frozen he would not be allowed to play down anymore?

I always have trouble figuring out frozen rosters.

Thanks

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 11:22:16 AM »
Blazer - 3.05.B.2 of the USSSA Rules covers this:

3.05.B.2
Players  participating in multiple age divisions shall only appear on one (1) Official Online Roster per age division and shall only participate with such qualified/frozen team(s) (unless previously released pursuant to these  rules)  but  shall  not  participate  on  any team below the classification of the oldest team in which they participate on.

An example of this rule: A kid that's eligible for 12u ball could play on a 12u AAA team and play up on a 13u AAA/AA/A team, but could not play on a 13u Major team (since the 12u AAA would be a lower classification than the 13u team)

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 07:21:46 AM »
Thanks David,
Just for clarification, as I read this, if a kid is eligible to play 11u, but chooses to play 12u AA, he could also play 11u as long as it is AA, AAA or Major?  Correct?

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 06:42:32 PM »
Just for clarification, as I read this, if a kid is eligible to play 11u, but chooses to play 12u AA, he could also play 11u as long as it is AA, AAA or Major?

That is correct. 

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 11:35:43 AM »
Thanks!

Offline admin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 09:55:25 AM »
updated