Frozen Rosters and adding players?

• 9 replies

Frozen Rosters and adding players?
« on: May 27, 2014, 09:33:52 AM »
Can anyone help me understand when a USSSA roster becomes frozen and if it is possible to add players for tournaments?  I have a U9 A league team (USSSA sanctioned) and would like to add a player who currently plays U9 AA to my tournament roster.  I have heard that a player can only be added to another roster if he is playing up, but can't find anything in the USSSA rules, the only thing I see is "Frozen Rosters" and I do not understand when they actually become frozen?  I do not want to get my team DQ'd by adding 1 kid.  I have a call into the director, but I was looking for any other help I can get.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 08:12:07 AM by admin »

Re: Frozen Rosters and adding players?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 10:25:48 AM »
See 3.07

http://www.usssa.com/usssa/usssa-general/2013BBRuleBook.pdf

You are probably going to have to get an approval to add an AA player to an A roster. Someone did that to a player of mine and I got a notice about it. No one ever called me about it but I am sure it was looked at by the USSSA area director.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 11:31:30 AM »
I spoke with the VP today and he said that we could not add that player to our roster because the team he is currently playing for has a frozen roster.  Is there anyway to tell if a team has a frozen roster or not?  I looked on the website, but couldn't see anything noting the roster was frozen?  Maybe I am missing it.

Thanks

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 01:30:59 PM »
If it says "Qualified" on their team page they are frozen.

I may be wrong but you might be able to add them if the current team drops them. You are allowed 3 drops/adds after a roster is frozen. You should double check that as I've only done this once and it was a player moving up from A to a AA team. It may not be the same going down a classification.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 01:33:10 PM by FullCount »

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 02:01:03 PM »
Thank you for your help, I checked and they are listed as "Qualified".  It isn't that big of a deal to add the kid to our roster, I was doing it to help him out more than for him to help us out, so we will just wait until next season and put him on the team. 

mcox

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 10:03:52 AM »
If a team places 1st or 2nd in any tournament their roster becomes frozen until after state.  You can still add players as long as they are your classification  Major kids cant play for AAA AAA kids cant play for AA etc

Offline BBall

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 12:41:49 PM »
But a registered A could play AA or AAA as a guest correct?  What if the A kids roster is frozen does that matter?

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 11:49:19 AM »
If a player is released from a AA team he can be added to a roster of an A team (get it in writing from the AA coach).  The best thing you can do is contact Wally Fortuna the Director for USSSA via email and he can give you the official word.

If the AA player is still rostered with the AA team he cannot guest play on and A team.  He has to be released and removed from the AA roster before he can play for the A team.  If the AA team roster is frozen then Wally would be the one to get the correct information on if and how you can move the player.

Offline BBall

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 07:49:33 AM »
I'm asking the other way around about the A playing up not the AA playing down.

Offline admin

• View Profile
    • KC Fire Baseball
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 09:53:50 AM »
updated