Good Coaching Ethics?...Not!

• 8 replies

Good Coaching Ethics?...Not!
« on: September 04, 2012, 06:16:17 PM »
How many think that it's alright to be a coach, know you have a major team, and change the names of your players so that they don't show up as previous major players?  Here's an example...The players name is John Smith....But they get registered as Johnny Smith, or Johnny J. Smith, or John J. Smith, or Jonathon J. Smith instead of Jonathan Smith that is on their birth certificate. 

Kind of a chicken poo poo if you ask me. 

Re: Good Coaching Ethics?...Not!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 08:18:10 PM »
I would say a person like that has absolutely nothing else in their life to live for and is a poor excuse of a man for exhibiting this type of behavior infront of kids.

If it could be proven they did this on purpose to sandbag a team, they should be banned from coaching.

Robert

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 06:16:58 AM »
Unfortunately, this happens many more times than you may think.  Anymore, it is all about the wins as too many people seem to believe what happens at age 8-14 or so is going to have a bearing on what that player will do as they get into High School ball.  And, bad coaching or no coaching from the said "coaches" of the teams will continue with no real end in site. 
How many "coaches" with teams around this area have no real baseball understanding except for what they read in books or have never played the game before? Again, the number may surprise you.  Sad fact is, if you have enough money to get a "baseball program" started, anyone can do it.  No background checks, no training, so supervision.  It is basically just a free for all for some men with real big egos that will take any steps necessary to either win, or, put their own son/daughter in the limelight.  In my opinion, some league (BV Gold Glove, 3&2, etc) needs to step up and put some type of restrictions or mandate on who can actually be the head coach of a team.
Yea, I'm a geek
GPSWizard xBox360
MW2 MW3 BO

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 06:54:05 AM »
To top it off if people were to challenge it they wouldn't have that much of an issue.  When you register on USSSA it asks for the players LEGAL name, not their nickname or whatever Joe Blow wants to put in there.  This should be where the manager/coach leads by example, and clearly that is poor leadership and not someone that I would want my son to look up to.

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 07:42:59 AM »
I am not sure I understand the question..... Are you saying they change the name so the kid can be on 2 rosters or they changed it so you cant see the history of that major player?

My biggest problem is with the tournament directors not verifying any rosters at the BIG tourneys. I dont care about the local ones but when you travel for the SNIT's or World Series and see players that are on 3 different rosters that is a problem......

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 08:30:05 AM »
I assume in the original post that most of the players on the team were or have been classified as major players on a previous and doing a easy name change to have them play at a lower level to kill the competition?  Seen that one too. 
"When you register on USSSA it asks for the players LEGAL name, not their nickname or whatever Joe Blow wants to put in there.  This should be where the manager/coach leads by example, and clearly that is poor leadership and not someone that I would want my son to look up to." Exactly
Yea, I'm a geek
GPSWizard xBox360
MW2 MW3 BO

Offline admin

• View Profile
    • KC Fire Baseball
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 09:52:34 AM »
updated

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 12:31:19 PM »
Complete bush league!  I have ran across far to many coaches with a win at all costs attitude, and I'm kind of getting tired of it.  Play to complete, but don't play to win at all costs.  Our team rules include integrity and honesty - that's what I want my kids to learn.  When your little league baseball career is over, NO ONE will remember you won the XYZ national tournament at a AAA or Major level.  EVERYONE will know if you have character and are a person of your worth.  Teach kids a lesson that transitions of the field - anyone can cheat and it doesn't take any ability, skill or effort. 

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 05:47:09 PM »
Why don't you just produce a $100 dollar bill and protest? Players names must read exactly as birth certificate states